Questo sito è dedicato alla rugbylist, un ritrovo "virtuale" dove si incontrano centinaia di appassionati di rugby.

[RUGBYLIST] dal sito della Guinness Premiership: Stanojevic in line to face Wallabies

LUCA Giarratana lucagiarratana a gmail.com
Gio 26 Ott 2006 15:21:37 CEST

Stanojevic in line to face Wallabies
26 October 2006, 9:39 am
By Jonathan McConnell

To cap a good day for Bristol Rugby on the international front, Marko
Stanojevic was on Wednesday named in the Italy squad to take on
Australia in Rome on November 11th.
Marko made his debut against Portugal in a World Cup qualifier earlier
this month when he marked the occasion with a hat trick. He then went
on to earn his second cap against Russia.
However, Marko was still delighted when he received news of his call
up this afternoon as he told the club website.

"I'm really thrilled to be involved although there's no guarantee that
I'll be selected. We've got a strong pool of players now and, although
I've started the last two, that doesn't mean that I'm automatically
going to get the nod. We may well bring in a few new players."

"If I am involved though, it'll be fantastic to take on Australia.
With all due respect to Portugal and Russia, this is a big step up in
class. But, as a top flight rugby player, that's what you want to do.
It allows you to benchmark yourself. And to take on the likes of Clyde
Rathbone and Lote Tuquiri would be a dream come true."

"It's been quite some season so far. We're top of the league, I'm made
my international debut and may now feature against Australia. I've no
complaints at the moment!"