Questo sito è dedicato alla rugbylist, un ritrovo "virtuale" dove si incontrano centinaia di appassionati di rugby.

[RUGBYLIST] Johnny Wilkinson

Fiorenza Preda fionah a fastwebnet.it
Lun 24 Set 2007 13:20:30 CEST

Johnny Wilkinson ha superato i 1000 punti nella sua carriera
internazionale ma i record non interessano a questo grandissimo atleta
che è anche e soprattutto un grande uomo. Un esempio per tutti.

Milestones are minor for Wilko

England fly-half Jonny Wilkinson has insisted personal milestones are
"just not important" in the context of his country's stuttering World
Cup campaign.

The 28-year-old passed 1,000 points in international rugby - including
those scored for the British Lions - during his team's crucial 44-22
Pool A win over Samoa in Nantes at the weekend.

Wilkinson's 24-point haul also saw him move on to 206 World Cup points
overall, second only to Scotland legend Gavin Hastings in the history
of the tournament.

But the Newcastle number 10, who joins Neil Jenkins and Diego
Dominguez in the elite four-figure club, claims he was unaware of his
feat at the time - and apathetic when he found out afterwards.

"It was only after the game on Saturday that I was informed I had just
passed 1,000 points in international rugby," Wilkinson said in his
column in The Times.

"That was something of which I was utterly unaware and when I was
asked how I felt about it, my only answer was that I didn't feel
anything at all. It's just not important.

"I've always said that the points tally against your name fails to
tell what is important - whether you worked hard, whether you were a
good team man, whether you were fit, whether you were brave.

"What it does tell you is how good the rest of the team around you
were and, as usual, I compliment the guys around me.

"They created the positions for me to deliver the points. And that is
points for us, not points for me."