Questo sito è dedicato alla rugbylist, un ritrovo "virtuale" dove si incontrano centinaia di appassionati di rugby.

[RUGBYLIST] Il rugby ed il sostegno

Gaetano Palmiotto a fastweb gaetano.palmiotto a fastwebnet.it
Gio 9 Apr 2009 22:34:20 CEST

Il sostegno ed il grande cuore dei rugbisti stanno manifestandosi in varie
forme in queste drammatiche ore.

Tra le più toccanti mail che ho ricevuto in questi giorni, vi giro un
comunicato stampa del Supporters Club dei Newcastle Falcons. Non l’ho
tradotta perché è molto lunga, ma credo che il senso sia chiaro per tutti.

FALCONS SUPPORTERS CLUB RESPONDS TO L’AQUILA DISASTER

The Newcastle Falcons Supporters Club is showing support for the victims of
the L’Aquila earthquake disaster.

The Supporters Club is already raising funds to help those made homeless by
the disaster, which has claimed over 150 lives and made many thousands
homeless in the town of L’Aquila.

Martin Peagam, Chairman of the Supporters Club, said, ”The Falcons played
L’Aquila in 2005 and many of us travelled to Italy for the match. We were
made very welcome by the local people and have very fond memories of a
beautiful town and a wonderful group of people. The scale of the disaster
that has hit the town is hard to comprehend, and we feel that we have to
respond to help the situation in whatever way we can.”

“We spent a very happy weekend in the wonderful old town. We were made very
welcome by their players and supporters. It is heart-breaking to see the
devastation there now, and it brings it home when we learn that one of those
killed was a L’Aquila player.”

The Supporters Club is working closely with the Falcons players and staff
and fund-raising activities already arranged include:

*	A bucket collection on the away trip to Saracens on Easter Sunday
*	A bucket collection at the last Falcons Premiership home match of
the season, against Bath on Sunday 19 April
*	A quiz involving Falcons players on Wednesday 29 April

“We are very grateful to the support received from the Falcons. We know that
the consequences of this disaster will last months, even years, but felt
that we had to do something now. Supporters have been in touch asking what
we were going to do and offering their support”, said Martin.

The Falcons Chairman, Dave Thompson is lending his support to the
fnd-raising

"We played a European Challenge Cup game in L'Aquila back in 2005, and my
overriding memory from the trip there was the warm welcome given to us by
the people of the town, who have now been so tragically affected by this
earthquake.

"I understand from media reports that L'Aquila Rugby Club has been among the
many in the town to have suffered casualties.

"Their club plaque is displayed proudly at our Kingston Park stadium, and
our heartfelt sympathy goes out to the people of L'Aquila at this
distressing time."

There will be over 200 Falcons supporters travelling to support the Falcons
in the European Challenge Cup Quarter Final match against Saracens on Easter
Sunday.

Falcons Chairman, Dave Thompson, is funding the six coaches that will be
leaving Kingston Park early on Sunday morning.

“We are very grateful to Dave for his generosity in funding these coaches”,
said Martin.” Not only does it help ensure a large, and vocal, support for
the team, but we also hope that it means that Falcons supporters will be
generous towards this important appeal for the people of L’Aquila”.