Questo sito è dedicato alla rugbylist, un ritrovo "virtuale" dove si incontrano centinaia di appassionati di rugby.

[RUGBYLIST] I: RWC 2011 Media Release: Christchurch RWC 2011 Pool Match Rescheduling Decisions/Otago Stadium Confirmed

VolpeFast volpe_angelo a fastwebnet.it
Gio 31 Mar 2011 17:32:57 CEST

Dopo il terremoto l’organizzazione ha provveduto ad effettuare dei
cambiamenti di sedi di alcuni incontri della Coppa del mondo di settembre in
Nuova Zelanda.il

Inviato: mercoledì 30 marzo 2011 03:59
A: A GROUP American_Rugby-News; E GROUP World Masters Rugby
Oggetto: RWC 2011 Media Release: Christchurch RWC 2011 Pool Match
Rescheduling Decisions/Otago Stadium Confirmed

 <http://www.irb.com> www.irb.com

 IRB e-newsletter
<http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/mm/Photo/Static/0/RWC_2011_logo-newsletter_584
3.gif>

RWC 2011 MEDIA RELEASE

Christchurch RWC 2011 Pool Match Rescheduling Decisions/Otago Stadium
Confirmed

• Three matches to remain in South Island
• Otago Stadium confirmed as RWC 2011 match venue
• Tickets refunded in April, priority purchase opportunity in May
• Team Base changes announced

Tournament Organiser Rugby New Zealand 2011 (RNZ 2011) today announced the
revised match schedule for Rugby World Cup 2011 following the decision to
reallocate all matches from Christchurch because of the impact of the
devastating February 22 earthquake.

The new schedule has been developed by RNZ 2011 in consultation with
Tournament owners Rugby World Cup Limited.

Three of the five rescheduled Christchurch pool matches will remain in the
South Island. Nelson, Dunedin and Invercargill will each host an additional
match. The remaining two matches have been reallocated to Wellington and
North Harbour. As announced two weeks ago, the two quarter-finals due to be
played in Christchurch on October 8 and 9 will be played at Eden Park.

Rugby World Cup Limited Chairman Bernard Lapasset said that all Tournament
stakeholders had been supportive throughout the rescheduling process.

“Following the difficult decision to transfer the Christchurch matches all
involved have worked hard to confirm the new venues as quickly as possible.
We are pleased that three of the five matches will remain in the South
Island."

"We appreciate the patience shown by the teams and fans during this
difficult period and are enormously grateful for the support and cooperation
of all our partners during what has been a complex process,” said Lapasset.

RNZ 2011 CEO Martin Snedden said: “Today’s decisions provide the certainty
for the affected seven teams, their fans and media around the rescheduled
matches. This has been a complex logistical process, but with the help of
our Tournament partners, the arrangements are now complete.”

Otago Stadium Confirmed

RNZ 2011 also announced that the new fully enclosed Otago Stadium, now
nearing completion, has met the criteria to be confirmed as a RWC 2011 match
venue.

“The Otago Stadium operators have provided us with the assurances we need
for us to now be confident that the new venue will be ready to deliver on
its Tournament obligations so we are pleased to formally confirm this
excellent new facility as a RWC 2011 match venue,” added Snedden.

Rescheduled Matches

The five Christchurch pool matches have been rescheduled as follows:

Date

Pool

Time

Match

Venue

Sat Sept 10

20.30

Argentina v England

Otago Stadium, Dunedin

Sun Sept 11

15.30

Australia v Italy

North Harbour Stadium, Auckland

Sun Sept 18

18.00

England v Georgia

Otago Stadium, Dunedin

Sun Sept 25

20.30

Argentina v Scotland

Wellington Regional Stadium, Wellington

Sat Oct 1

15.30

Australia v Russia

Trafalgar Park, Nelson

Also, as part of the rescheduling, operational reasons have necessitated the
transfer of one non-Christchurch match, Scotland v Georgia, from Dunedin to
Invercargill.

The decision was made following a detailed consideration of alternatives.
This included the possibility of moving England v Georgia to Invercargill,
but this was rejected because of the significant operational challenges that
would arise from what would have become a double-header weekend in the town
(Argentina v Romania is being played in Invercargill on September 17).

Date

Pool

Time

Match

Venue

Wed Sept 14

19.30

Scotland v Georgia

Rugby Park, Invercargill

“Our desire was always to transfer as many of the Christchurch pool matches
as was reasonably possible to other existing South Island venues,” said
Snedden.

“At the same time we are very conscious that time is pressing, with just 163
days to go before the world’s third largest sporting event kicks off, so we
have also sought to minimise disruptions to ensure as few teams and their
supporters were affected as possible. This has meant minimising any changes
to matches that weren’t originally scheduled for Christchurch."

“All partners and the New Zealand Government hoped that we would be able to
transfer all the pool matches to South Island venues. In the end, this
wasn’t possible for a number of reasons, including venue capacity,
accommodation and operational issues."

“Nelson, Dunedin and Invercargill were logical choices to each host one
additional match. But there were always going to be significant problems
going beyond that."

“For example, although it was considered, we came to the view that Dunedin
could not have reasonably hosted the Australia v Italy match the day after
hosting its first major match, England v Argentina."

“We were concerned about the pressure that back-to-back matches would impose
on what will be a largely untested venue and a new playing surface."

“In addition, accommodation facilities in the city and surrounding region
would also have been under severe pressure from the expected influx of
20,000 fans from outside the region that a double-header would bring."

“While we know that our rescheduling decisions won’t please everyone, on
balance, we have achieved the best possible result taking into account all
relevant factors. We firmly believe that RWC 2011 will be a Tournament which
all New Zealanders can experience and be proud of and will continue the
outstanding success of recent tournaments," said Snedden.

Ticketing Refund/Priority Purchase Process

Ticket purchasers for all Christchurch matches and/or the Scotland v Georgia
match will receive a refund and the opportunity to secure replacement
tickets to the relevant rescheduled matches during a priority purchase
period.

This process will be implemented in two stages. The first stage will involve
RNZ 2011 refunding to affected purchasers the face value of any tickets
purchased for the rescheduled matches. This process will begin on April 8
with a target completion date of April 30.

The second stage, from mid May, will provide affected ticket purchasers with
the opportunity to secure replacement ticket(s) to the relevant rescheduled
match(es) they still wish to attend.

“We wish to acknowledge and thank fans for their patience over the last
month or so. We are about to embark on an unprecedented ticket refund and
repurchase process for a major event, a process which involves us dealing
with 20,000 customers who have purchased 150,000 tickets between them,”
added Snedden.

<http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/mm/Document/Tournament/Destination/02/04/22/10
/2042210_PDF.pdf> TICKETING QUESTION AND ANSWERS>>

Team Bases Confirmed

The rescheduling decisions have also meant a number of changes to Team
Bases. Queenstown will now host Georgia as well as Ireland, Romania and
England. Hanmer Springs in North Canterbury becomes a new team base and will
host Australia over four nights. Last week it was announced that New Zealand
will visit Christchurch prior their opening Pool A fixture against France.

<http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/mm/Document/Tournament/Destination/02/04/22/16
/2042216_PDF.pdf> RWC 2011 TEAM BASE DETAILS>>

Notes to Editors

Rugby World Cup has provided the financial platform for investment and
growth in the Game. The net RWC 2007 surplus of £122.4 million has
underwritten a range of major funding initiatives including annual national
Union grants and Strategic Investments via the £48 million programme between
2009-2012 focusing on increasing competition across the global Game. The
total invested by the IRB during the period will be £150 million.

Rugby World Cup 2011 in Zealand will be attended by over 1.6 million
spectators and watched by a global TV audience of well over 4 billion in
more than 200 countries.

Official Travel and Hospitality Programme: Fans wanting to guarantee their
place at RWC 2011 can do so through the Official Travel & Hospitality
Programme. A range of official RWC 2011 travel packages are available which
include travel and accommodation options. Alternatively, companies wanting a
complete RWC 2011 experience can choose from a number of exciting
ticket-inclusive hospitality packages on offer, including the exclusive Eden
Park Pavilion. For more information about the Official Travel & Hospitality
Programme, please visit  <http://www.rth2011.com> www.rth2011.com.
<mailto:dominic.rumbles a irb.com>

Related Items/Links

 <http://www.rugbyworldcup.com> RWC 2011 website

 RWC 2011 Worldwide Partners
<http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/imgml/IRB/body/comp_logos/RWC2011_PartnerBar_n
ew_edit.gif>

TM © Rugby World Cup Limited 2008 – 2011. All rights reserved.

6445  <http://newsletter.irb.com:81/OT001558NjQ0NQAA.GIF>