Questo sito è dedicato alla rugbylist, un ritrovo "virtuale" dove si incontrano centinaia di appassionati di rugby.

[RUGBYLIST] Fw: this is adorable

jcanob jcanob a tiscali.it
Mar 9 Maggio 2017 14:22:28 CEST

Yo!

Take a look at that  adorable stuff, I'm just  amazed!  It is  so sweet)) Here, check it out http://pitts.daycaretaxservice.com

Best regards, jcanob

From: rugbylist [mailto:rugbylist a rugbylist.it]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2017 8:22 AM
To: jcanob a tiscali.it
Subject: Now get a hairdryer

The rubber sheet analogy is an  easy enough to understand  analogy,  I think...

As I understand it the old understanding of  gravity being a force  similar to magnetism,  where it gets stronger the closer you are, is  incorrect. What actually happens is that space is distorted by  mass, like the  rubber sheet with an  object placed on  it,  the  more mass the more  space/rubber-sheet is  distorted... So the idea of a gravity well seems  at first  to be  easy to grasp  thanks to  the rubber sheet analogy... But then my  mind gets blown when  I try to  imagine how space is distorted in  three  dimensions. Someone told  me to  just think of numbers arranged in three dimensions  and the closer to the mass the larger the numbers,  but then that just seems like the old  understanding where gravity is like a  magnet.

I suspect  the  issue is  simply  that human brains have evolved to deal with different things and we just can't  picture the warping off space in three dimensions, so we just need to stick to mathematical representations.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10