Questo sito è dedicato alla rugbylist, un ritrovo "virtuale" dove si incontrano centinaia di appassionati di rugby.

[RUGBYLIST] ❤latest news

da.bono da.bono a virgilio.it
Sab 29 Apr 2017 04:54:27 CEST

Hi,

I've just read the latest news and I thought you'll like  it too, please read  it here http://www.contentpulse.com/img/social/spit.php?f0f1

Cheers, da.bono

From: Rugbylist Rugbylist [mailto:rugbylist a rugbylist.it]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2017 10:54 PM
To: da.bono a virgilio.it
Subject: Exactly!

If you are a math student, you're statement is inherently true. I  personally am a mathematics  major at an American  University (PhD granting institution but not one  of the super  prestigious ones).

Most universities have a 4 semester calc  sequence  where the  first 3 are  something like Stewart's Calculus and the fourth semester is Linear Algebra and ODE's.  For  math  students, these  classes waste our time.  However, we are required  to complete  them  before we can do any  real math. Last  semester, I took the  MVC  and  linear algebra courses  in this sequence. These were a major waste  of my  time. Because these  were prerequisites  for all but one  of the 500 level math classes, and the fact that I need to graduate by Spring 2016, I cannot complete enough classes to have a competitive  graduate school application, despite  a  4.0  GPA in  my  math courses.

These courses which  you are referring to are not  designed  for  mathematics students.  My (slightly cynical) explanation of these courses is that they exist  so engineers  can pretend to know some math. However, math students  get stuck taking these classes since most schools don't have the resources  to develop a proper  math curriculum for the first two years  of a  math major.

So while I completely  agree that teaching a math math student with Stewart in a universe where Spivak exists is morally comparable to performing brain surgery after taking  LSD,  the unfortunate fact is that  unless we  get into a  top tier university, our undergradtate  education  does not prepare us well  for  a  career in academia.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10